The Achievement Network Professional Services
Coaching from The Achievement Network focuses on:
- ‘Backwards planning’ achievement goals over a 3-5 year period
- Planning a set of data-driven professional development events for teachers within a school's calendar;
- Aligning curriculum to state standards;
- Using interim assessment data to inform instruction;
- Identifying key takeaways around content;
- Implementing process to take information and put it to use in the classroom, tutoring programs, etc.;
- Determining whether follow-up actions helped students master specific concepts;
- Establishing a school community that supports the optimal use of data; and
- Adapting ANet’s data-driven practices to enhance schools’ specific priorities.
Building Strong Schools
From its work with high performing schools successfully closing the achievement gap, ANet evaluated and structured a series of organizational and instructional practices linked to specific achievement targets. Each practice has several levels of development so schools can continue to improve their practice over time.
- Curriculum alignment
- Data Meetings
- Action Planning
- Reflection Meetings
- Achievement Culture
Depending on their starting point, schools move progressively through specific developmental paths that combine the right practice at the right level to build their capacity to use data to drive achievement. From ANet’s experience, identifying a few specific actions at a time for schools increases the probability that those actions will take hold.
ANet invests in regular external evaluation to consistently validate the connection between practice and achievement and refines its practices based on research in its various Networks.