District of Columbia
For more information about the ANet’s DC-area network, please contact Executive Director Ali Turro or call 202-888-7350.
District schools in the District of Columbia
- Dunbar High School
- Savoy Elementary School
- Stanton Elementary School
In addition to full partnerships with the schools above, ANet has a district-wide partnership with DCPS and provides standards-based literacy planning tools and formative assessments to teachers and leaders at over 100 schools.
Charter schools in the District of Columbia
- Bridges DC Public Charter School
- City Arts and Prep Public Charter School
- DC Prep
- DC Scholars Public Charter School
- E.L. Haynes Public Charter School
- Harmony DC Public Charter School
- Ingenuity Prep
- KIPP DC
- Mary McLeod Bethune Day Academy Public Charter School
- National Collegiate Preparatory
- Somerset Preparatory Academy DC
- Two Rivers Public Charter School
- Washington Global Public Charter School
Ali Turro is the executive director of the ANet District of Columbia and Maryland networks. She and her team work alongside teachers and leaders at more than 200 schools across DC and Baltimore. Ali began her career in education as a bilingual teacher in Brownsville, Texas. Since then, she has served for more than a decade as a teacher, school leader, and leadership coach with ANet in district and charter school settings. Ali is a lifelong learner who is passionate about helping educators maximize their strengths and who believes that all children deserve the right to a high quality education.
Ali is a native of Rutland, Vermont. She received her Bachelor’s degree from Skidmore College in Saratoga Springs, NY and her Master of Public Service (MPS) degree from the University of Arkansas Clinton School of Public Service in Little Rock, Arkansas.