The Achievement Network
Last Updated December 1, 2023
The Achievement Network, Ltd. (“ANet,” “we,” “us”) takes the protection of personal information, particularly student data, very seriously. This Policy outlines the policies and procedures by which we collect, use, and safeguard personal information that is collected on AchievementNetwork.org (our “Website”). We only use data that we collect for education-related purposes and/or improving our products and services. We never share or sell any student data nor use student data for any type of targeted marketing or advertising.
Privacy of Children Under the Age of 13
Information We Collect Directly from You
The type of information that we collect directly from you when you visit our Website varies based on your interaction with the Website. We collect information directly from you when you:
- request information from us,
- complete an online job application,
- complete a form to register for a webinar or other event, or
- download a white paper or other marketing material.
The information we collect from you may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, district/school/organization name, state, country, phone number, and job role/title and resume.
Information We Collect About You Automatically
We may choose to make online publishing tools available to you, including messaging systems, forums, and planning tools. You are solely responsible for the information and content that you submit through these tools. Unless a message is clearly marked as “PRIVATE,” you should assume that the message will be visible to all other members of the Website, including any personally identifiable information that you submit. Submitted information will be connected to your account and therefore traceable to your personally identifiable information. You should exercise discretion when posting information through these tools.
You can opt out of the creation of a user profile, storing of data about your usage of our Website, and use of tracking cookies on other websites, or sending you information about our products and services or about the educational market on our Website on our Website or by sending an opt-out request to email@example.com.
How We Use Your Information
We collect information about you for the following purposes:
- To allow us to respond to inquiries and requests about our products and services;
- To allow us to respond to technical support questions;
- To allow us to process event registrations;
- To allow access to our informational electronic mailing list, newsletter, or database; or
- To contact you about the services on our site about which you have expressed interest, such as newsletters, products or services.
- To allow us to provide you with a more personalized experience on our Website;
- To monitor and analyze usage of our Website, including on a personalized basis;
- For legal obligations;
- Legitimate interests that are not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights;
- To help us keep track of information we have already gathered from you from form fills or mailing lists;
- To generate reports for internal management, customers, funders, and other parties about the usage of our Website. These reports contain only aggregated anonymous information, they do not contain any personally identifiable information;
- To determine the characteristics of visitors’ computers including the browsers, screen sizes, and operating systems to enhance our products and improve our services; and
- If we find abuses of our Website, security risks, or safety concerns, we may use the information we collect to identify the source of the problem and take action to prevent it.
- To allow retargeting advertisements, which is an online advertising method of reaching out to previous visitors of our Website, often by displaying ads or sending emails.
In order to provide our services, we share information with companies and organizations that assist us in providing our products and services to our customers, including, for example, web hosting companies and web analytics companies. We do not rent or sell any personally identifiable information to third parties.
You can decline to have personal data collected via third-party tracking technologies by navigating to the settings feature in your browser and declining third party cookies or declining third party cookies from specific sites, or, for mobile, limiting ad tracking or resetting the advertiser identifier via the privacy settings on your mobile device. Our partners, such as Hubspot, may use non-cookie technologies that may not be impacted by browser settings that block cookies. Your browser may not permit you to block such technologies
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. In your request, please clearly state what personal information you would like to have access to. We endeavor to respond to requests within 30 days. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement.
We use third party social media sites to provide ANet content in formats that may be useful or interesting; however, our Website is the official source of information from ANet. We cannot attest to the accuracy or usage of other information provided by these or any other linked sites.
Links to Third Party Websites
How We Protect Your Information
We work hard to keep all personal data secure. Although we cannot guarantee the security of every piece of information we collect via our Website, we have implemented a number of best practices in physical, electronic, and managerial security practices in order to prevent unauthorized access to private data. For example, if you are asked to provide a password, that information is stored in an encrypted manner. We also use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) for portions of our Website to transfer data securely. You can check whether SSL is active by looking for a “locked” padlock icon within your browser. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect. When you are required to use a password to access a portion of our Website, you are responsible for keeping the password private and confidential. You should not share it with other people. If you suspect your password has been misused in any way please notify us at email@example.com.